Oh my oh my, remember the days? Eating either half the cake batter or cookie dough, before your mum, dad, aunt, brother, surrogate, or whoever popped the cake or cookies into the oven?
Licking of the beater, mixing bowl, and whatever else touched the sweetness that was used. To create even more sweetness after an hour or 2 (or 1, 30 minutes, or whatever. it rhymes🤓).
Below a recipe that has been a hype for quite a while, especially when you search for it on Pinterest. Cookie dough made of chickpeas. What? How awful does that taste? Well..it doesn’t.
This protein bad boy is a decent replacement for the old sugar bomb dough. And with even more flavor options, perfectly suitable to scoop away on a night alone. When you turned off your phone.
Because there’s so much that needs to be done. But instead, you decided to kick off with a new season Grace&Frankie on Netflix and ignore your responsibilities that should be finished before the morning sun.
Let me know, in a comment below what you think.
What’s your favorite (tv)-show to watch while snacking and having a drink?
5 versions of chickpea cookie dough
- food processor
- measuring cups & spoons
- 1 can chickpeas
- ⅓ cup chunky peanut butter or almond-, cashew-, walnut-, or pecan butter instead
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tbsps almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp broken flaxseed
- 1-2 tsps liquid vanilla extract or powder
- pinch of salt
- Wash the chickpeas thoroughly.
- Throw (gently) all the ingredients into the food processor.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula if needed.
- Et voilà, your basic cookie dough recipe is done.
- If you want to add extra flavour, take whatever you want and mix again.
- In need for inspiration?
- Below 5 different flavour options.
• 1 big tbsp chocolate chips / roughly chopped chocolate Double chocolate chip
• 2 big tbsp cocoa powder (mix with the mixture in the food processor)
• 1 big tbsp chocolate chips / roughly chopped chocolate Chocolate hazelnut
• 1 tbsp chocolate-hazelnut spread (mix with the mixture in the food processor)
• 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts Peanut butter
• add another tbsp peanut butter (mix with the mixture in the food processor)
• 1 tbsp chopped peanuts Oatmeal raisin
• 1 tbsp oatmeal
• 1 tbsp raisins Or add shredded coconut, flavoured chocolate, vegan marshmallows, dried fruits or different kind of nuts. Many options, many flavours. What’s your favourite?