Summer. Heatwave. It’s-just-so-freaking-hot.
Whatever you would like to call this summer, apart from the fact that fucking climate change is real, it calls for the sweetness that can cool you down.
And this quick and easy ice cream recipe fits the description perfectly.
Prep the whole batch in the evening, pop it into the freezer, and the next day you have delicious homemade ice cream.
Recipes like this call for extremely ripe bananas. ‘Cause when using bananas like that you can skip the extra sugar (maple syrup), the mixture will become sweet enough thanks to the bananas and coconut cream.
Add other or extra nuts if preferred. Enjoy your sunny Thursday 😃☀️☀️!!
Almond ice cream
- food processor
- small baking tin
- baking paper
- measuring cups & spoons
- dough scraper
- 3 medium bananas thinly sliced and frozen
- 200 g coconut cream
- 33 g shredded coconut
- 20 g almonds or walnuts roughly chopped
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean or vanilla liquid
- 1-2 tbsps maple syrup (optional)
- Add the bananas to your awesome food processor.
- Blend until crumbly, scrape down sides if needed.
- Add the coconut cream, almond extract, and vanilla bean and mix again.
- If you want your ice cream to become extra sweet, add the maple syrup.
- When blend and smooth, add the shredded coconut and almonds.
- Pulse 2-4 times until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture in a small baking thin inlaid with baking paper.
- Pop into the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- Once ready, allow the ice cream to thaw for a few minutes before scooping.
- Enjoy your homemade ice cream 😋!