For years I thought the only way to make pancakes was in combination with eggs.
Well, it’s 2017 people, it’s bullsh#t!
Banana pancakes are as easy and delicious to make as they sound. Below simple recipe.
Choose your favorite and top them off with all your favorite sweets, nut butter, seeds, ice cream, or fruits.
Or make savory pancakes and top off with vegan cheese, avocado, tomato, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, or hummus.
Whatever you want, whenever you want :).
- strong high speed blender
- measuring cups & spoons
- frying pan
- 3 1/3 cups oats
- 2 cups oat milk + 1-2 tablespoons milk if batter is too thick
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp cinnamon optional
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 7 tbsp oil for baking pancakes
- Grind the oats in a food processor.
- Add the milk, bananas, maple syrup, vanilla, pinch of salt and cinnamon and mix again.
- Add the baking powder and pour the apple cider on top.
- It should start to foam, this means extra fluffy pancakes are in the making 🎉.
- Pop it in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a big frying pan over high heat.
- Add oil or butter and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add 2 heaped spoons of pancake batter, and bake 2-3 small pancakes per time.
- Bake both sides 2-3 minutes, until golden brown (ones you see small bubbles, it’s time to flip over these delicious pancakes).
- Top off with extra maple syrup, applesauce, coconut whipped cream, shredded coconut, almond slices, cranberries, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, peanuts, mulberries, dates, inca berries, figs, raisins, blueberries, strawberries, extra banana, apples, mango, pineapple..or whatever you prefer 😋