So let’s say you just got back from a night out.
Or a long never-ending late evening of investing in your dreams and ambitions.. And you’ve got some time for a quick breakfast prep, in between taking a few morning naps and taking your time to rest.
Well, good for you! ‘Cause them you can make these little cuties.
Say goodbye to the over-the-top-sugared-packed-with-gluten cinnamon rolls, and try these little cuties. You’ll only need bananas, dates, and cinnamon.
Banana cinnamon rolls
- muffin baking tin
- cutting board
- baking tray
- baking paper
- 4 ripe bananas
- half recipe date sauce (you can find the recipe here)
- 2 tbsps cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 120℃/250℉.
- Slice all bananas lengthwise into 3 strips.
- Spread out all slices on 1 or 2 baking trays covered with baking paper.
- Make sure the banana slices don’t overlap.
- If any strips broke, don’t worry, lay them out anyways.
- Bake for 1 hour. In the meantime you can make the date sauce.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bananas from the oven and allow to cool down for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently remove the bananas from the baking paper (they might be a bit sticky, be gentle).
- Flip over and spread each banana slice with the date sauce.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll and roll and roll until you have a decent size cinnamon roll.
- I used a muffin baking tin for the size guideline.
- Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Preheat the oven to 120℃/250℉ once again.
- Pre-coat a muffin baking tin with dairy free butter, non stick spray or baking paper.
- Add the cinnamon rolls and place into the oven for +/- 2 hours.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool down for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container into the fridge.