Bitterkoekjes are typical Dutch cookies. In Italy, you have similar cookies called amaretti, but they are often harder than the Dutch version.
This is such an easy recipe. And I’ve been baking and eating them a lot lately. T
his is not a really good thing, ’cause I need to focus on my training and sugar intake (and one of those things isn’t going the way I want it to be).
Anyways, it takes less than 30 minutes to prep these little macaroons.
So last-minute coffee dates or stay-at-home reading sessions become much sweeter with these little cuties 😋🍪.
Bitterkoekjes / Macaroons
- baking tray
- baking paper
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 5 ½ tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 200℃/390℉.
- Take a mixing bowl and whisk the almond flour together with the baking powder.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Mix until it becomes a thick dough.
- Grab a spoon, and spoon out a small amount of dough.
- Roll between your hands into a little ball and place on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Gently press down with a slightly moist glass.
- Repeat until there is no more dough left.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- It’s time to take them out when the cookies show small cracks on the top.
- Allow the cookies too cool down completely before eating.