Pancakes! My, I think you can find at least 3 different recipes at TCPC right now..but this typical sweet Dutch indulging is such a fun recipe to experiment with :).
After making banana pancakes and Priscilla adding a zucchini pancake recipe, here a nice one for all the sweet tooth; thick and fluffy blueberry pancakes.
It takes a little more time to prep the batter, but trust me. It is worth the wait, enjoy your breakfast!
- high speed blender
- measuring cups & spoons
- 1 big banana
- 2 1/8 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut milk like Alpro
- 3 tbsp walnut oil or any other type of neutral oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinager
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries for pancakes filling and topping
- 6 tsp coconut oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a high speed blender, except the baking soda and vinegar.
- Once mixed, add the baking soda and pour the apple cider vinegar over the baking soda.
- It should start foaming a little, this is a good thing! It helps to make the pancakes a bit more fluffy.
- After mixing for another minute, pop the batter into the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat up a skillet on high temperature.
- Add a little coconut oil and pour about 1 heaped soup spoon into the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add a few blueberries.
- Add a little more batter to cover up the blueberries and wait until you see bubbles appear in the batter.
- This can take 1-2 minutes.
- Once one side of the pancakes is crispy, turn up the heat to high temperature once again and flip the pancake.
- Bake for another 30 seconds – 1 minute until dry and crispy on both sides.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Top off with (homemade) jam, extra berries and / or banana.
- Store in an airtight container up till 2 days.