Breakfast couldn’t become more satisfying after making your first batch of these breakfast bars.
Double the recipe and stuff your freezer for the upcoming weeks.
No matter the hurry in the early morning, you’ve got these bars now to keep your stomach from twisting and turning.
Still your hunger, but stay hungry for life 💪!
- measuring cups & spoons
- wooden spoon
- 2 mixing bowls
- baking tin
- baking paper
- 2 big ripe bananas
- 2 1/3 cups blueberries frozen, you can use raspberries as well
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 6 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Heat up a saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add the berries and 4 tablespoons of maple syrup, and heat until all the berries become soft and spongy.
- Stir occasionally using a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a bowl and use a vork to break apart the berries if desired.
- After 5-10 minutes of boiling, add all the chia seeds and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Mix and let it boil for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a small mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Continue with prepping the bars.
- Preheat the oven to 190℃/375℉.
- Take a 26 cm size (cake)baking tin, line with baking paper and set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl and combine the rolled oats, flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Smash the 2 bananas and add to the mixture.
- Mix all together until it becomes a thick dough.
- Transfer 2/3 of the mixture into the baking tin and press down firmly with your fingers or using a spatula.
- Place into the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take the chia jam and spread evenly over the pre-baked bottom layer of the breakfast bars.
- Transfer the other 1/3 of the oat mixture and try to spread evenly once more.
- Place into the oven for 25-30 minutes until the top layer turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool down and cut into 12 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for +/- 7 days.