Change up your breakfast and replace the pancakes with breakfast waffles.
Oh, can you already smell the sweetness in the kitchen?
Change up your breakfast routine and start your day with delicious waffles like these.
- measuring cups & spoons
- mixing bowl
- waffle iron or sandwich iron
- 2 cups buckwheat flour or almond
- 1 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp flax seeds broken not whole
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Turn on your waffle maker or sandwich iron.*
- Mix the oat milk, coconut oil, flax seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.
- Take another bowl and add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Whisk all together, and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until completely combined, lump free.
- Make sure your waffle maker or sandwich iron is hot enough, and add a ladle with batter.
- Let both sides become golden brown and swap sides if desired.
*Note: If you make waffles with a sandwich iron, know that the waffles will become less fluffy and thick.