Okay, so after making a prrretty decent carrot cake, experimenting with a carrot-cake-ish oatmeal recipe for breakfast, and making a spiced inspired latte..
Hereby my latest carrot cake creation; cookies!
Now, please note that these cookies are neither crunchy nor hard. They will be soft, moist, and smooth. Just like carrot cake, slightly more compact and a bit chewier.
Happy baking day if you’re looking for a recipe idea with carrots, without making a whole cake..and if not, check out the other cookie recipes on my blog 🍪 (including crunchy cookies) 🥕🥕!
Carrot cake cookies
- measuring cups & spoons
- mixing bowls
- baking paper
- baking tray
- 1 ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ cup oat milk
- ½ cup walnut oil
- ½ cup walnuts crushed
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- pinch of salt
- Heat up the oven to 190℃/375℉.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Take two mixing bowls.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in one bowl.
- And mix the shredded carrots, milk, and oil in the other.
- Mix both until smooth / lump free.
- Pour the wet mixture with the dry and whisk.
- Add the walnuts and cranberries and whisk again.
- Grab a spoon, scoop out a small amount of dough from the bowl and place on the baking tray.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown, 20-25 minutes (the smaller the cookies, the sooner they’re done).
- Let it cool down completely before consuming.
- Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days.