Cake for breakfast? It’s a good idea from time to time, but it might be too much prepping time for your early morning routine 😬.
Luckily you can recreate the flavor of carrot cake within minutes, change the flour for oatmeal et voir là, your breakfast is ready to be mixed and eaten.
To make it even easier for yourself in the morning, prepare all ingredients the night before and place them into the fridge. This saves you some time the next day.
What’s your favorite way to eat oatmeal?
Carrot cake oatmeal
- sauce pan
- measuring cups & spoons
- wooden spoon
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 cups warm water
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup oat milk
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 6 walnuts
- ½ tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp speculaaskruiden / cookie spices (recipe here)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat up a saucepan over medium-high heat and cook the carrots in 500 ml boiling warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally using a wooden spoon.
- Add the oats, oat milk, raisins, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, cookie spices, and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Keep stirring, add extra cinnamon if desired and mix until it becomes a creamy substance.
- Serve immediately.