Making your own soup chestnut mushroom soup is so easy! And this recipe tastes so much better than the pre-packed and wrapped liquids you can buy at the supermarket.
Add some extra vegetables / beans / nuts / seeds / rice / noodles or anything else to make your dinner extra satisfying. Grill a few slices of bread, choose your favorite bread spread, and dine away.
Enjoy your evening 🥘!
Chestnut mushroom soup
- frying pan
- measuring cups & spoons
- cutting board
- food processor
- soup pot
- 1,8 pound chestnut mushrooms
- 3,5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooking cream plant based like Oatly or Alpro
- 2 small red onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 4-6 tbsps olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic gloves and red onions.
- Add to the frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse and clean the chestnuts. Roughly chop all chestnuts and add to the frying pan.
- Bake the mixture until golden brown for about 5-10 minutes.
- When golden brown, add everything to a food processor.
- Add 1/3 of the vegetable broth, cooking cream, thyme and salt & pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a large soup pot.
- Add the remaining vegetable broth and bring to boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Add extra thyme, salt or pepper if desired.