I wish I knew sooner how easy it is to make chocolate mousse out of 3 ingredients and a little bit of patience. But trust me, it’s all worth the wait.
I’ve still got some aquafaba left since I made a big batch of roasted chickpeas last night. So I’ll be googling, trying, improvising, and tasting new ideas for the next 24 hours 🍽.
But for now, below the simplest chocolate mousse recipe, you will ever find. Enjoy your sweet indulgence🍫.
- measuring cups & spoons
- food processor or hand mixer
- 120 g aquafaba this is the liquid from 1 can of chickpeas
- 120 g dark chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsps maple or agave syrup
- Place a mixing bowl 10 minutes before using in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, meld your chocolate bar/drops a bain-marie.
- Allow to cool down completely before using.
- Drain the chickpeas, save the liquid for the chocolate mousse, and chickpeas for homemade hummus or curry.
- Mix the liquid and maple syrup with an electric whisk / high speed blender or food processor with whisks.
- Whisk until it becomes a fluffy/puffy white consistency.
- Now, gently fold in the chocolate with a spatula, stir slightly and that’s it. Don’t overdo it!
- Pour into bowls and place in the fridge.
- Try to contain your excitement, do the dishes or whatever. But wait at least one hour before eating.
- Top off with powdered sugar, coconut, peanut butter, or nothing at all and enjoy your fluffy mousse 😋.