Whenever I’m craving peanut butter, (which weirdly enough became much worse after going vegan), I grab a spoon and just start eating this magical sticky mixture from the jar.
And then after a while, I’m done with peanut butter, promise myself to stop eating it, and stick to raw almond butter instead.
That promise usually lasts for about 5 days, but after finishing this easy recipe, that promise is broken within 2 days 🙈.
Nevertheless, if you’re looking for an easy muffin recipe for one of your baking (Sun)days, try this one.
Replace the brown sugar with coconut sugar or maple syrup if you want to stay away from refined sugar. Oh, and when using a cupcake corer, you can fill up the muffins with jam.
Hello, peanut butter jelly, put it all in your belly 🥧😋.
Peanut butter muffins
- measuring cups & spoons
- mixing bowl
- muffin tray
- apple corer
- 8 small bananas mashed
- 1 ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsps peanut butter
- 2 tbsps rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp broken flaxseed mixed with 4 tbsps water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180℃/356℉.
- Mix the mashed bananas, water, peanut butter and oil in a bowl.
- Add the flax seeds – water mixture.
- Add buckwheat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix till everything is combined, no need for over mixing.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When done, take out of the oven en let completely cool down.
- If you want, you can use an apple corer to make a hole in the cupcakes and add extra jam or nut butter.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or store in the freezer for up to 4-6 weeks.