I think it’s about 2 years since the first day I started cooking with sweet potato. And baking. And roasting.
And after eating the sweet potato combi a bit too much for dinner, I tried other ways to eat this rich iron in and vitamins cracker during the day.
I’ve been eating sweet potato in the morning for a while now, mostly every Sunday morning before my boxing training.
It’s easy but filling and it gives me tons of energy. Combined with a few slices of banana and some nut butter, and my energizer breakfast is done!
Try it, it’s really good!
Puffed sweet potato
- baking dish
- thin foil
- 2 big sweet potatoes or 4 small potatoes
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil or olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp nut butter
- Preheat the oven to 200℃/400℉.
- Clean the sweet potatoes with water and remove any residual dirt of the skin.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork for 8-10 times and sprinkle with a little bit of oil and salt.
- Wrap the potatoes in tin foil.
- Place them in a baking dish and roast the potatoes for about 45 minutes, until they are soft and well-done.
- Top off with a spoon of peanut butter and some nuts. Or even better; cashew paste or almond paste.