Crush 2 cups of oats and there you are, you’ve made oat flour.
Now mix it with some baking powder, pinch of salt and some sugar.
Add the sweetness that is coconut milk, and your soft and cheap scones are ready within 30 minutes.
So good with some jam and fresh fruits, splendid way to start your morning 😋🍒.!
- knife or pizza cutter
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- baking tray
- baking paper
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar instead
- 200 ml coconut milk canned room temperature stirred, plus extra to brush on top of the scones
- Preheat the oven to 218℃/425℉.
- Grab a mixing bowl and combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the coconut milk and combine, don’t over mix.
- Lightly flour your kitchen counter, take the mixture out of your mixing bowl and gently fold until it becomes a nice and even texture.
- It should no longer stick to the work surface.
- If the dough stays sticky, add extra flour and fold a couple of more times.
- Shape into a square and cut into 8 smaller squares, about 1 cm thick.
- Place all the scones on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Brush coconut milk on top of every piece of dough.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- If the bottoms are still soften, flip over and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favourite jam, butter, fruits, chocolate or sweets.
- You can store leftovers in an airtight container for 1-2 days. Or pop them in the freezer ones they cooled down.