Picture perfect breakfast, yet so simple to make.
Oatmeal will forever stay one of my favorite ingredients, like ever 👌😋. And this recipe is a perfect fit with all the seasonal fruits right now. Whether you mix it with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries, it’s goooood.
Also, if your kitchen cupboard isn’t filled with walnuts at the moment, just throw in any other kind of nuts you have laying around right now.
Just chop or crunch the almonds, cashew nuts, parents, hazelnuts, or whatever you like before throwing them into the mixture.
The simple things in life don’t take that much time, enjoy!
Sweet oven baked oats
- square pan
- cutting board
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup soy milk or oat milk or almond milk, preferbly with a flavour like vanilla or banana, + extra for serving
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large banana
- 2 cups strawberries for serving
- 2 tbsp oil either spray or 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 175℃/350℉.
- Either lightly spray or brush a 8 inch / 20×20 square pan.
- Slice the banana and place banana slices on the bottom of the square pan, create 3 rows.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed and water, and let sit for about 5 minutes until slightly gelled.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flaxseed mixture, milk, maple syrup and butter.
- Stir together and add the chopped walnuts.
- Gently top the oatmeal mixture on top of the layered bananas.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Scoop into separate bowls and top with fresh strawberries and milk.
- Serve immediately.