Making your own soup is so easy!
And tastes so much better than the pre-packed and wrapped liquids you can buy at the supermarket.
Add some extra vegetables / beans / nuts / seeds / rice / noodles or anything else to make your dinner extra satisfying.
Grill a few slices of bread, choose your favourite bread spread and dine away. Enjoy your evening 🥘!
- baking paper
- baking tray
- measuring cups & spoons
- cutting board
- food processor or high speed blender
- soup pot
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes preferably Roma tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 red onions
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 8 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup milk soya, coconut, oat, or almond
- Preheat the oven to 205℃/400℉ degrees.
- Halve all Roma tomatoes and place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Peel the garlic cloves and red onions.
- Roughly chop the herb and vegetable and add to the baking tray.
- Sprinkle with oil and salt & pepper.
- Bake the tomatoes, garlic, and onions in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Open the 2 cans with peeled tomatoes and add them to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Mix together with the vegetable broth, basil, thyme, milk.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into a large soup pot.
- Take the roasted tomatoes out of the oven and add them to the food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add to the large soup pot, mix and add extra salt or pepper if desired.
- Let simmer for 10-15 over medium-low heat.